Playgroup is held on Thursday mornings from 8.45am – 10.45am.
|Mobile:||0438 956 147|
Little Joeys Play Group is a structured playgroup and follows set guidelines and routine. At the end of each term we have a themed party, celebrate Christmas & Easter with visitors like Santa & the Easter Bunny.
All information provided is from Play Group Australia website which the Little Joeys Playgroup adheres to. I have copied & pasted some of the main information below.
Playgroup is an informal session where mums, dads, grandparents, caregivers, children and babies meet together in a relaxed environment. Playgroups are set up and run by parents and caregivers, with children choosing from a range of activities set up to meet their varying needs. Activities at playgroup may include:
- Music and singing
- Imaginative play
- Outdoor and free play
- Art and craft activities
Playgroup can be held anywhere that is safe for children and where groups of people can meet - community and neighbourhood centres, health clinics, women's centres, preschools and kindergartens, church halls, parks and playgrounds, even in someone's house.
In a playgroup, parents and caregivers stay to interact with the other adults; and to play with the children.
No child is too young for playgroup. All children from 0-5 years, including babies, love new experiences and benefit from developing sensory, social and communication skills through activities at playgroup.
Children like playgroup because they can:
- Participate in new experiences
- Develop and increase their social skills
- Learn sharing, co-operation and simple routines
- Interact with other adults and children in a safe environment
- Enjoy learning more about their world
- Adults also benefit from playgroup - a time to talk, make friends and share experiences, while children learn through their play experiences.
- Adults like playgroup because they can:
- Meet other local families and develop new friendships
- Relax and talk in a friendly environment
- Share experiences and ideas
- Play with children and nurture a spirit of co-operation
- Take up opportunities for personal development