The school opened with three classrooms in 1935 staffed by the Sisters of Mercy. In 1977 three new classrooms, a small staff-room and office were added. The Parish Pre Primary was assimilated into the school in 1979 and in 1980 further extensions including a sports oval, a passive recreational ‘park’, a new library complex and computer centre were built. Extensive damage was caused by a fire during 1985 which resulted in a number of rooms needing repair and replacement.
In 2000, the school relocated to the rear of the original site on Servite Terrace, together with a new Church building.
Further development began in 2007 and was completed in 2012 to incorporate a Second Stream into the school, with the school double stream from 2013. Support through the Australian Government BER project saw further facilities built in 2009 and 2010 that include a new Technology Centre and Kindergarten.
St Anthony’s School is very proud of the fact that it has been built by the parents of the Parish and of its Mercy and Servite links. In recognition of these religious orders and the founders the school renamed the school factions to reflect this history. Servite (Gold), Peregrine (Green), McAuley (Red), Mercy (Blue).