St Anthony’s School uses consistent programs, across the year levels, to deliver quality educational programs to our students.
|Subject Area||Program||Year Levels|
|Religious Education||CEWA Early Years Religious Education Program “Let the Little Children Come to Me” .||Kindergarten|
|CEWA Religious Education Units of Work||Pre-Primary to Year 6|
|Literacy||Diana Rigg Whole School Literacy Strategy||3+ to Year 6|
|Reading Eggs||PP to Y3|
|Lexile Reading Program||Year 3 to 6|
|Peggy Lego||Kindergarten to Pre-primary|
|Numeracy||Stepping Stones Maths||Kindergarten to Year 6|
|Manga High Maths||Year 3 to 6|
|Science||Primary Connections Program||Pre-primary to Year 6|
Keeping Safe Child Protection Curriculum
|Pre-Primary to Year 6|
St Anthony’s School Aboriginal Education Plan Summary
We will each give our Personal best.
|We will each model faith in Action.||
We will embrace Diversity and difference.
|We will be United.||We will Appreciate and respect each person equally.|
- Students participate in activities in various curriculum areas in order to demonstrate a greater awareness and understanding of the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people.
- Celebrations including Harmony Day, NAIDOC Week and Reconciliation day are celebrated through whole school events/incursions/class activities.
- Parents and carers are made aware of the personal learning goals set for their child and their progress.
- The Aboriginal history of the local Wanneroo area is promoted.
- Local Aboriginal leaders are invited to speak at relevant school events.
- Staff are provided with opportunities for professional development in order to gain a wider knowledge of the Aboriginal culture and the resources available to them within the school and local community.
- They are involved in the planning, coordinating and participation of celebrations including Harmony Day, NAIDOC Week and Reconciliation day.
- Staff work closely with students, parents and coordinators in order to ensure students are set achievable goals which are reviewed each term.
- Staff plan to integrate cultural awareness across relevant learning areas.
An eclectic resource approach is used for subject areas not listed above.